Proverbs 29:18 states,“Where there is no vision the people perish.” We believe that there is no greater vision than that of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, whose purpose was to glorify God and save mankind from the wrath to come, that man might be reconciled to God.
Therefore, we dream of the following things with the hope of seeing them come to reality:
To Be a Church that Preaches and Teaches the Word of God in it’s Entirety
- We dream of a church preaching the truth of God and equipping the saints through teaching of the Word.
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the Gospel of Peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!”
To Bring Homes and Families Back to the Foundation of God’s Word
- We dream of a church helping believers mature in the knowledge of God’s Word
- We dream of a church enabling each member to discover his or her spiritual gift, bringing fulfillment as they serve the Body of Christ.
And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness by which they lie in wait to deceive, but speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head of Christ from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
- We dream of a church demonstrating Christian love by helping hurting and broken people, lost in a dark and dismal world, find hope in Jesus Christ.
And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent Me to heal the broken hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.”
To Bring Unity in The Family by Staying Together During Worship and Teaching
- We dream of a church helping to build biblical Christian families where dad is the spiritual leader, the mother is a virtuous woman, and where the older men exhort the younger men and the older women teach the younger women.
- We dream of a church where children love and obey their parents that they may receive the promise of God.
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise: “that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.”
To Be an Impact in Our Community for the Glory of God.
- We dream of a church meeting the needs of our community, seeking out those who are lost, and sharing the Gospel message that they may believe and be saved.
Then Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, “teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
- We dream of a church equipped to bring new Christians back to a loving and welcoming place of worship and learning for the glory of God.
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.
- We dream of a church sending out missionaries throughout the foothills and into the entire world, starting new churches and other ministries.
How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!”